Sofidel Toilet Clog Research
In the cleaning industry, paper is often viewed as a commodity purchase. Establishing and communicating compelling messaging that makes price a lower buying factor can be difficult.
Sofidel turned to Mulberry to help establish unique selling points for Sofidel’s Bio Tech toilet paper and promote the product in key industries. Bio Tech delivers ROI because it helps businesses eliminate the risk of toilet clogs by releasing safe enzymes that consume build up and waste in pipes once flushed.
Mulberry gathered end-user and buyer insights to establish the customer need and to demonstrate the value in investing in Bio-Tech.
The research included:
- Consumer survey on the impact of toilet clogs on brand perception
- Survey at Seatrade, the world’s largest cruise industry tradeshow, targeting cruise line purchasing decision makers
- Survey at the National Restaurant Association (NRA) Show, the largest gathering of restaurant and food service professionals
- Conducted 800 telephone interviews with managers of top restaurant chains and independent restaurants on toilet paper spend and toilet clog frequency
- Partnered with a reputation management software platform to analyze Yelp reviews of top restaurant brands to determine the frequency of complaints related to restrooms
Mulberry developed sales collateral, such as infographics, leveraging the research findings to enable the sales force and promote the product through multiple communications channels. Mulberry also promoted the research to the cleaning industry and beyond through press releases and bylined article placements.
Developed Bio Tech power claims used across Sofidel collateral, sales presentations and external communications
Placements in: Cleaning & Maintenance Management, CleanLink, Modern Restaurant Management, Convenience Store Decisions, Cruise Industry News, Green Lodging News, Healthcare Facilities Today, Facilities Management and more
500,000+ coverage impressions